Monday, June 28, 2010

Africa



So right now my best friend Julia is in Africa right now. I am very depressed because I was supposed to be there with her but because of certain circumstances I couldn't go. Her mom sent me some of her emails today and it seems like they are having such a life changing experience. I love serving others and giving up my time to touch someone else's life. I just really wish I was there because I feel like I need service in my life right now. I feel like I am so focused on myself and my busy life and I just need to take time out to help others. Maybe I should try to find something I can do here during my spare time.( Ha what spare time?) I was thinking about volunteering at this nonprofit daycare in town. I love being around kids and I need hours for my education portfolio so what better opportunity.

Anyway, it seems like Julia and the group are having a really awesome time and that the kids and people of Spring Valley are really enjoying having them there. Julia talks about the kids in her emails and I really wish I could meet them! here are some exerpts that I liked from her emails...
"she was fascinated with my blonde hair and kept brushing it and when the other kids around her would try to touch my hair she would swat their hands away." " They walk 10 miles to school and back everyday! "

So for now I am living vicariously through Julia. I cannot wait until she gets home so I can here all of her stories and see all of her pictures. And I cannot wait until she gets back to Lex so we can have some adventures. And I also cannot wait until next summer when I either A. go to Africa or B. go on a Semester at Sea.

I have to decided to name the puppy part of my blog lexcapades. So here are the Lexcapades of the week...

I took Lexie to the dog park last week. She kept getting inside the water bucket, yes her whole body, and then dumping it out and rolling around in it. So she was a little but muddy at first. Then she kept following this bigger dog around. I couldn't find her so I went down the hill. I see this little brown dog running up the hill. I thought, "that cannot be Lexie." Sure enough it was. She had fallen in a hole that had mud at the bottom and was covered from nose to tail and smelly brown mud. Don't worry, I have pictures to document this great event. I tried to make her sit in the back of my car on the way home but of course she jumped over the seat and onto my lap.
The second picture is my bathtub after I gave Lexie a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment