Friday, April 15, 2011

Kitty

Ever since I moved into my apartment, I had noticed an orange cat running around. Starting in January or so, it began living under our stairs because my neighbors were feeding it. Little by little, its house got bigger and bigger. There were boxes, beds, blankets, and bowls. Basically, it was the most spoiled stray cat ever. I am not the biggest cat person ever, but I began really liking it and even began feeding it and calling it "my cat." I used to go down and sit with her and pet her. She was such a sweet cat. I started to notice that her belly was rather large. Everyone who lived around us thought she was just fat because it was getting fed so much. I realized, though, that she was pregnant. She started staying around her "house" more and more. One day, I couldn't find her so I looked in her box and what do you know, kittens! Four tiny black and orange kittens nestled under her. Those kittens immediately had a place in my heart. Everyday I would go down there and sit with the cat while I fed her tuna. She did not want to leave her kittens so I knew she was starving. One day I went to visit her, and she was gone. My neighbor had taken them to her grandma's house. I was sooo sad. I wanted to see the kittens grow. But, maybe they are in a better place now. And maybe another stray cat will make a home under our stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment