Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jake Meets Charleston

Jake was able to visit Charleston at the end of Christmas break. I was so excited to show him my new favorite place and my new home. This was the first time he has spent an extended amount of time with my family. I was nervous and excited because I want them to get to know him like I do. Anyway, we had so much fun! And Jake fell in love with Charleston(or in Jake's words, "It's pretty tight." Whatever that means) I know that most people like to see pictures rather than a long, drawn out explanation of events, so here is our week in pictures.

Jake's plane was 12 hours late, but we still managed to see the sunset!


Day 2 we went to the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier. It was really interesting to see!

Medal of Honor Museum

Day 2 we also took a boat out to Ft. Sumter. Not a lot to see but so much intersting history!
Day 3 we drove 2 hours to the Parris Island Marine Base. Jake was thrilled!

We got to see the Marine history museum

Day 4 we took Lexie and Sam to the beach even though it was so cold. They loved it!

My favorite place! Cafe Medley on Sullivans Island

We ate here twice in two days. YUM
Yes, biggest forever 21 opening in Charleston. Epic

Goodbye Charleston : (

What Jake got to drive 9 hours home in. Good thing I have the greatest boyfriend ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment