Monday, January 31, 2011

new hairdo

On Saturday, Lexie decided to dye her hair. Color of choice? RED

Wendy and I decided to take Lexie and Riley(Lexie's sister) to this fenced in area next to The Red Mile down the street from our apartment. Every thing was going great, they were running around and having a blast until Lexie saw a patch of snow on the track through the fence. There she went right under the fence and onto the track to eat the snow. I didn't think much of it because the track looked very solid and not muddy. After further investigation, I was not happy. The track was wet as could be, muddy red dirt spewing out with every step. Next thing you know, Lexie is unrecognizable. She is covered from head to tail in gross, red dirt. Now I know exactly why they call it the red mile. So, it was time to go home, unfortunately for Lexie because she couldn't play anymore and for me because I had to give Lexie yet another bath after I had just given her one the day before. We were a sight to be had, me trying my hardest to get the red dirt off and Lexie sitting there, surprisingly patient, sad and red. It was quite a process trying to get it all off. The funny thing is, though, some of the red did not come off until a few hours later. As much as I scrubbed and rubbed, her tail and neck were still red. I guess Lexie just wanted to see what it would be like to be a ginger for the day.

Did I get pictures of this event, you ask? Of course...































Oh Lexie, days like this you make me feel like I have a child. But, I love you all the same.

until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment