Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Hearts Day!

I don't get it. So many people complain about how awful valentine's day is. Many girls get on facebook and rant about how February 14th is the worst day of the year. I do not remember very many valentine's days in which I had a significant other (except for the past 3) but I have never hated this day. I have always thought it was a good holiday in which others can celebrate love. We celebrate Mothers, Fathers, Presidents, etc., why can't we celebrate love? It does not just have to be love for a significant other, but love for family, friends, anyone who you care about. Also, people use this holiday to complain about how they do not have a significant other. Yes, I will admit, having a boyfriend is awesome. But, it is only awesome when it is right and when you do not go out looking for it. Being single does not mean that there is something wrong with you or that guys do not like you. It just means it is not the right time or you have not met anyone good enough for you. So girls, cheer up. Enjoy being single and use valentines day to celebrate all the love in the world.

And here is to my valentine...


Jake, this picture describes us perfectly. Me, doing something silly, and you looking at me with a cute little grin. I am so thankful for the love you bring into my life. Not only have you shown me how to love another person, but to love life and everything in it. You have taught me so much about myself and who I want to be. I would not be the person I am today if it was not for you. You have changed me for the better and I could never thank you enough. I am so unbelievably proud of all that you have accomplished and I adore your passion for everything that you do. I just want you to know how thankful I am for you and for all that you do for me. I appreciate you bringing me food whenever I am craving something, listening to me rant about all of my problems, putting up with me when I am grumpy, and giving me advice whenever I need it. Every day I think about how lucky I am to have you in my life. I love you, Jake. Happy Valentine's Day!
And Happy Birthday mommy! I love you!

until next time : )

No comments:

Post a Comment