Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the end

My amazing trip to Greece is over and I am back in the real world. I can't believe after months of planning and anticipation, it has come and gone. But, I could not be any happier. I had the time of my life and got to see beautiful things and meet amazing people. Before the trip, I was worried because I was spending so much money. I was afraid it wouldn't meet my expectations and I would end up being disappointed. It was totally worth the money, plus some, and greatly exceeded my expectations. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I will never, ever forget it. I am so thankful that I had this great opportunity. I think traveling abroad has an effect on people one of two ways. Either people realize that they want more out of life or they realize how happy they are with their lives and become grateful for what they have. I have had the first realization in previous trips, but this trip, I realized that I could not be happier with my life. I had the opportunity to sit back and look around me and see how lucky I am to have such great friends and family. They were so supportive throughout my Greece adventure. I am so thankful for them in my life. I also realized that I have many opportunities that others don't receive. I get to travel, get an education, etc. I am now more motivated to achieve my dreams and goals. I wish my time in Greece would continue forever, but I cannot wait to see what else life has in store for me. Paros Island, you will always be in my heart.

Some of my favorite pictures from Greece






















Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment