Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FUN FACT!

It is precisely 11 pm and in 9 hours I have a math exam. What am I doing updating my blog then you ask? One word: procrastination. I have studied off an on for this test but I am really dreading it and totally not prepared so the last thing I want to do is look over my stupid notes again. I usually do great on these test, I mean its elementary math. But, for some reason I am just having a hard time with the material for this test. It always turns out fine, which I always remind myself, which leads to me not studying. It is a viscous cycle. However, I could not resist from sharing this interesting thing I discovered about an hour ago. Today, Lexie's sister Riley left for Michigan with her mommy. Lexie has been a severe handful today. She has been running around, playing with every toy in sight, and barking, which is unusual seeing as she usually leaves the barking to her sister. I guess she felt as though she is supposed to hold the fort down while her guard dog sister is away. I went out in the living room for a change of studying scenery and of course Lexie wanted to be in the living room with me. All of the sudden, Lexie starts going absolutely nuts. She is running around in circles, back and forth from the window in my room to the door, and making this really loud, sad, crying noise. I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on. Sometimes she makes a similar noise when she knows Riley is out on a walk without her, but this was different. A, I could not study with that crazy noise taking place, and B, it was actually sincerely starting to scare me especially after I held her in my lap and she still wouldn't stop. So finally I put on my shoes and jacket and let her lead me outside to wherever it was she was wanting to go. As soon as we were out there door she darted across the parking lot and into the courtyard of the building across from us. There were 5 dogs running around and I guess she had seen them from the window. She was soooo excited. She ran around with them for about 15 minutes. I knew one of the girls and she said, "Wow I have never seen Lexie with this much energy." I couldn't have agreed more. I have never seen Lexie so hyper. I have no clue what is up with her today. I can't blame her because sometimes I have my days too. Anyway, on the interesting stuff. This girl also told me that Lexie looks like her friends dog who is a Klee Kai. I had no idea what that was so I looked it up when I got home. A Klee Kai is a rare breed of miniature husky. Which, is kind of weird, considering I always said Lexie looks like a miniature husky. Upon browsing through the pictures on google, I have come to the conclusion that Lexie is part Klee Kai. This is awesome, considering they go for about $3,000 each.

ok lets see what you think...

here is Lexie

and here is a Klee Kai

I think it is a definite possibility, especially after reading the personality description and the fact that they get between 10-40 pounds. Maybe I have solved the Lexie mystery, or maybe I just need to give up and get her a DNA test.


until next time

1 comment:

  1. I miss Lexie!!and Sam... and YOU! She is a crazy dog. And I do think she could be a miniture husky. YOu should tell dad so he stops calling her a mutt! :-) I love you and hope you did well on your test!

    ReplyDelete