Wednesday, March 9, 2011

siren

There is sooo much updating I would love to do right now, but I have a huge midterm tomorrow so I am being responsible and studying instead. But, I will leave you with a little something.
What do you think about the new Starbucks logo? I was a little apprehensive at first, but now I love it. First of all, I think it is very aesthetically pleasing. It is clean and modern and really grabs your attention. Second, I find the dropping of the brand name very appropriate. This, in fact, has been the biggest issue with the logo change. Many believe that dropping the name from the logo is a very poor business idea, but I believe it is the exact opposite. For one, Starbucks is iconic, and no one can deny that. By seeing the new logo, you know exactly what company it is from, no name needed. It was a bold move, and it works. Second, it allows Starbucks to broaden their horizon and become associated with things other then coffee. If you want to know more, click here. So Schultz, here's to you and your brilliance. Can't wait to see what changes you have in store for the future(because all of us baristas know they are inevitable.)

until next time

1 comment:

  1. changes....food changes! i think the new logos are gonna have to grow on me. im not a fan just yet. i really like the brown logo from uh, 1971?i have the vision of a 50 year old woman.

    ReplyDelete