Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 11: Antiparos

Antiparos is a small island only a 5 minute ferry ride from Paros. First, we went to a stalactite cave. It was incredible. There was a total of 411, so technically I walked 822 stairs. Speaking of walking a lot, I am pretty sure I have lost atleast 5 pounds here from all the exercise we have been doing. And some days we don't eat 3 meals a day, some days only 1. We just get too busy or don't want to spend money. Anyway, so the stairs were a little bit rough but I really enjoyed the cave. It makes you feel really dizzy though and a couple girls had to leave because they were claustrophobic and were getting panic attacks. I didn't get very good pictures because you were not allowed to use flash, but you may be able to get the picture. We all sat around the at the entrance waiting for people to come up. The whole time we talked about American comfort food and how much we wanted some. I have been craving mashed potatoes and mac and cheese like no other, so mom can we have that when I get home : ). It made me a little homesick. I miss me family, friends, boyfriend, and puppy a whole lot. I just remind myself I can not dwell on that when I am doing so many amazing things. After the cave, we ate lunch on the waterfront. Then, we took a boat out to a sea cave. We got to swim around for awhile and go in the cave. Seriously, one of the highlights so far. We all just floated in the beautiful Aegean Sea and thought about how amazing our lives are. When we were done on the boat, we headed back to Paros. I took a wonderful nap when we got home and then made yummy potatoes for dinner. After, we went out dancing again. We are pretty much dancing queens. I seriously love all the people I have met. We are all so different, but we fit together to make a perfect whole. Sounds cheesy, but its so true. Everyone is so smart so we all have very intellectual conversations, but at the same time, we can have a good time. I feel like I have known these girls forever. Oh and you can't forget about the boy. Yes, we have one boy in the program and only one. Luckily, he's kind of the coolest guy ever. Poor guy, he's probably had way too much girl time.

until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment