Saturday, June 25, 2011

day 17: free day!

We woke up around 9 for our free day. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this, but a couple days into the trip, I found out that my credit card number had been stolen in the states. Someone in Iowa or something had gotten the number and had used it at walmart and a sporting goods store for large sums of money. Just my luck, right. But luckily, I was able to immediately contact my bank and get it canceled. I called my dad and told him and he got it all taken care of and thankfully I am getting all of my money back because it was a glitch in their system that caused it. Anyway, I did not have a credit card after that but I had a lot of cash. I finally had run out of money so my dad wired me money. So on our way to get waffles, we stopped and picked up the money. Thank you dad for all of your help! So we went to our favorite café, Dodoni, and got waffles, which are our absolute favorite. They have ice cream on them, I mean lets be real. Then we pretty much shopped allll day. I am not joking. I got a ring and a rug. I was so excited about my rug because that is one of the main things I had wanted and I got it for a really good price. After shopping, we went back to our favorite café because we found out they had chicken nuggets. They were shaped like sea creatures and were amazing! After lunch we shopped a little more and then went back to Jimmys (our apartment) and hung out, and worked on our papers. I wasn’t feeling good but I decided to hang out on the rooftop and go dancing with the group but I came home pretty early to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment