Friday, June 24, 2011

day 13: santorini

I know, I know, I’ve been slacking. But, it’s not entirely my fault. First, I have been having way to much fun. Second, like always, the internet is awful here and the times it works for me are few and far in between. And third, I have been flooded with school work. So I will be updating a little at a time.

Anyway, back to Santorini. I woke up early Friday morning and packed. Our ferry was at noon, but we had to wait in a really long line so we didn’t end up leaving until 1 or so. The ferry was 3 hours long during which I wrote my paper for ACC and took a nap. When we got to the port at Santorini, we all looked up and realized the cities were at the very top of the mountain. We drove in tiny buses up a windy, zig-zaggy road to the top. The bus took us to the hotel, where we all got settled in and explored the town. We had a creative writing meeting at 6 in the lobby where we just talked about the schedule for workshopping. After, we went to a traditional Greek restaurant with the whole group. I had lamb souvlaki, which is basically a kabab with lamb and veggies. It was sooo good. It had really good spices and came with an assortment of pita, tazhtiki, tomatoes, and fries. It was a great greek meal. After dinner, we went to a place called murphys and sat around and talked. It was nice to sit around and just hang out and be with all of the amazing people I have met. We went home pretty early to prepare for our big day the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment