Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 14: santorini fun

ahhh what a fabulous day and I can't wait to tell you about it! We woke up at and met in the lobby at 9. We walked through town and down 587 windy stairs. It was not the funnest walk for that early in the morning. When we got to the dock, we got on a ship that looks like a pirate ship. We first went to the volcano that is in the middle of the caldera. We hiked to the center and learned about how the volcano destroyed Santorini and changed the world. After, we went to a hot spring, which was more like a warm spring. It pretty much felt like bath water. The thing was though, we had to swim in freezing cold water to get there. Once we got there, everyone was putting this orange mud all over them, so we decided it was a good idea. I couldn't really get it to stick on me but one guy was orange for the rest of the day. After the spring, we ate really good gyros at a small island in the caldera. After, we went to Oia, the city where sisterhood of the traveling pants was filmed, if you need a reference. That movie is band with our group, they hate how people won't stop talking about it. Secretly though, I would have loved to see the house where it was filmed, just because it was the reason I wanted to come to Greece when I was younger. I was dreading walking up the millions of stairs to the town, so we rode donkeys! It was so fun and such a funny experience. I was kind of sad though because I felt like it was animal cruelty because they yell at them and hit them. But hey, it was a good experience. We went to a really cool American bookstore and then shopped around a lot. Oia is so beautiful. When I imaged Greece, Oia is exactly what I imagined. Around 6 we rode a bus home and took a quick nap. We went to Murphys again and then at 11:30 we went and got spaghetti because we were so hungry and craving it. Santorini is amazing and I can't wait to go back in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment