Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 12: Lefkes and Byzantine Trail

This morning we took a bus to the town of Lefkes. There was not really anything there but the photography kids had about an hour to walk around and take pictures. We mostly went to this town because it is where the Byzantine trail starts. The Byzantine trail was a road made in the typical Roman style and was well preserved. It was very interesting to see but it was a long hike up a very steep hill and it was very hot. We ended at another small town where the bus was going to meet us so we did not have to walk all of the way back to Lefkes. A few of us stopped to look at some puppies and ended up getting completely lost. Most of the towns were made in the form of a maze so that pirates would get lost when they came. We got pretty worried, but finally we found them. After we got home, it was time for class. We watched a really interesting documentary in ACC. It was about the human body and how it has been portrayed in art. Creative writing was optional so we skipped it to get stuff done. I took a shower, blogged, and then watched bachelorette with Cassandra and took a nap. At 8 oclock, a bunch of us went out for Mexican food. I had delicious chicken enchiladas. After dinner, we all hung out in the lobby for awhile looking at pictures from the trip. A bunch of the girls went out, but I stayed in and watched sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. I have been having stomach problems. I think it has to do with all of the dairy I have been eating. On my night in, I ended up not sleeping at all. The only time I slept was from 2-3 and from 5-7. My air conditioning was also broken. So no, I am not caught up on sleep now. I have pretty much gotten used to being tired all of the time.

until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment