Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3: first day of classes

I slept really good finally, but I woke up early for some reason. Luckily, the air conditioner works really well. As soon as everyone got up, we went to the restaurant by the school to get waffles. It was pretty much the best waffle I have ever had. It had ice cream on it. SO GOOD. After, we stopped by the grocery store then went back to our apartment. We had a group meeting at 11 and then it was time for me to go to class. I am taking Art and Cycladic Culture(ACC) and Creative Writing. Most people are taking photography. I am soo glad I decided not to because most of the girls in the class are actual photography majors and have really awesome cameras. I would have struggled and looked like a complete amateur. Classes are usually 2 or so hours. ACC is a bit mind boggling. Alex, the teacher, is brilliant so sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with what he is saying. The class is basically to talk about the history of the islands and things of that natures. Creative writing is pretty cool. We read examples of different types of writing and then we do writing exercises where we are given prompts. I had forgotten how much I love to write, so I am really excited for this class. After class, we went home and got ready for a fun night. A bus took us to this restaurant on the beach on he other side of the inlet. It was seriously the scariest bus ride ever. We winded through the hills on tiny little roads. I thought we were going to tip over. The restaurant was so cool. We had appetizers provided by our program and then Cassandra and I shared farfalle pasta with pesto sauce. It was delicious. After dinner, they showed us some traditional Greek dances. It got pretty crazy. They even brought out dishes for us to smash. So basically, we ran around holding hands and smashing plates for a solid hour. Greeks sure do know how to have a good time. Our program also provided dessert, which was ice cream and a homemade brownie. The bus then took us back to the apartments. We decided to go hang out at Saloon D'or again. We hung out with a tour group from Canada and Australia. It was interesting to hear their take on Americans. Yet again, another amazing day.

until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment