Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 7: class

Sorry I have not updated. My internet has been really on and off (because it is the worst laptop in history. no joke) so I have just been using other people's to get on real quick here and there. Also I am kind of having way too much fun to be sitting and wasting my time on the internet. And I have homework, which kind of sucks. Anyway day 6 I slept in until about 12 because we stayed out pretty late the night before. Then I literally had class ALL day. Well I might be being a bit dramatic but it felt like all day. I had ACC from 1-3 and creative writing from 3-5. In between classes I was able to run and get a gyro and let me tell you, it was the most delicious thing that has ever graced my lips. It had chicken from the spit so it was very tender a flaky. It also had tzahiki, tomatoes, onions, and potatoes. Classes are going ok. I keep falling asleep in our ACC class and I enjoy creative writing, but we share our work a lot and mine is not as good as the others in the class. When I got home, everyone else got home from the beach. So while I was in class all day, they were laying out all day. I guess I can't be too bitter, I already have a tan. We then went to dinner at this cute little restaurant on the waterfront. I had Greek spaghetti and it was so good. It just had olives, onions, feta cheese, and a special sauce. I also got to try feta with honey and sesame seeds, which I thought would be awful but it was surprisingly really awesome. After, we just kind of hung out and went to bed early. Cassandra and I watched the bachelorette haha.

I seriously love it here. It was all that I imagined and more. I love living here because I get to feel immersed into the culture. Everyone knows who we are, obviously because we are a lound group of American college students. Everyone says hi to us and gives us discounts. They love us because we bring lots of income to their island. I was surprised to find out that most people speak English here. It hasn't been hard to communicate at all. Which is good because my attempts at Greek have totally failed. I can't even manage to say thank you because it just doesn’t sound right. They really do appreciate when you try, though. I love it because it is not too touristy on our island. We get to interact with the locals and hang out without being bombarded by tourists. I love walking along the waterfront every day to school and just thinking, this is my life. I am living in Paros. If I didn’t have so many things I loved back home, I would stay here forever. I would open a boutique or a restaurant and become Greek.

Until next time

p.s. sorry I have not been posting pictures on here. It takes forever for them to upload so I figured if you wanted to see them you could just look on facebook : )

No comments:

Post a Comment